Friday, July 30, 2010

Paleo Focused

Jake and I are continuing our fitness plan which includes changing our diet. Bayou City Crossfit encourages its athletes to change their eating habits to something more Paleo friendly. In a nutsell its eating similar to what the cave man used to eat. As you can see from the pyramid above it excludes diary and grains and increasing healthy fats such as olive oil, and avocado for strength training. We have been eating this way for the last 6 months and it has really been great. I have seen an increase of energy and a reduction in fat in my midsection and hips. This has been a very challenging area for me to loose. Don't get me wrong I enjoy a treat hear and there. I know this is not for everyone, but if you are looking to try something different, I recommend the Paleo Challenge. Try it for 90 days and see if you can tell a difference in the way you feel or look. You might surprise yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment