Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wild at Heart: Discovering the Secret of a Man's Soul

I have never really enjoyed reading until a few years ago. The dreaded multi-lined pages always seemed so intimidating and reminded me of high school English Literature class. For me, not such a fun experience. What I didn't realize, is that it is a neat way to get a different perspective on life. As I have been reading more and more I have begun a beautiful journey of self discovery and finding my place in the world.

John Eldridge the author of Wild at Heart and Captivating is very transparent and tackles some hard interesting truths about men and women. We are created differently with such a great purpose. As he uncovers these common misconceptions he connects it all back the to one who created us, Almighty God. Even though Wild at Heart is written for men, I am reading it not only to understand my husband and his needs, but how to raise a son or daughter. Every man has a longing in his heart for adventure, a desire to have a heroine to rescue, and get that one BIG question answered… “Do I have what it takes… am I man enough?” As a wife who longs to be the best supporter and encourager, this book has opened my eyes to how the church, society, and I can improve. Ladies if you are looking for a book that will encourage you on how you were wonderfully created and what that purpose maybe I would recommend John's book called Captivating. It is the coordinating book to this one

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.”

Psalms 139:13-16


Be encouraged today…. you may not feel complete or wonderfully made, but friend, be encouraged that the truth will set you free. Reach out your hand to God for his hand has been waiting for yours since you were born. What are you waiting for, pick up The Bible the author is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment