Monday, April 12, 2010

Goals and Change

I am very excited to see what changes are ahead of me. This year I have many goals in the back of my mind that I would like achieve before year end. By posting them to my blog I hope to get the accountability I need to keep me moving forward.

1. Bible in 90 Days Program
My Tuesday morning bible study group have been working through the bible to read the entire thing in 90 days. This has proved to be a challenging but rewarding endeavour. By reading 12 pages each day we should be complete by the second week in May.

2. Healthy Body
The last three years I have been focused on being slim and trim, but the last 6+ months I have changed my focus to being healthy. There is a big difference. I am putting my focus on both the food I am putting into my body and the fitness training. Food includes fresh fruit & vegetables, meats and nuts (Paleo Menu). Fitness training includes both cardio and strength training. CONSISTENCY is the real challenge, so my goal is the have 4-5 fitness sessions eat week. Jake and I plan to have our first child next year (God willing) and a healthy body is the best thing that will help with any implications from my scoliosis.

3. Family Cookbook
Cooking has always played such an important role in my family history. With my both sides of my family being from such countries as France, Italy, Germany and Sweden there are some amazing recipes to be shared. I would love to preserve these recipes into a cookbook so that my future children and my nephews will always have this to pass down. So far I have over 100 recipes that need to be reviewed and photographed. The big challenge is cooking each dish so that I may have a photograph. As this endeavor is great, I will be cutting back my portrait and outdoor photography this year.

A big thank you to all my family and friends that are praying for me and encouraging me as I boldly step out. It is with great excitement I share these posts of progress and challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you are doing so good! So proud of you! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete